Articles, essays, ideas and notes with regard to my primary professional interest: Ecological Biodiversity research.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

About this Blog

As of this entry, I am starting my PhD at McGill University in the Department of Biology.

My intention for this blog is to chronicle my research, which is broadly related to biodiversity: factors that structure and maintain biological diversity on ecological time scales, and implications of changes in biodiversity, such as ecosystem structure and function.

I hope to post comments on interesting articles, topics of discussion, research ideas, and reflections on anything from academic minutia (software issues & solutions, work habits, academic culture) to ecological theory relating to biodiversity and socio-economic aspects of biodiversity. Mostly, this is for my own interest and reference, but I hope others will find some of this useful and offer their own thoughts where appropriate.

Feel free to comment on almost any post, just please keep it somewhat professional and on-topic. You can send me a message to contact me privately or off-topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home